Sunday, October 17, 2010

It feels like I’ve been gone a while..

But it’s really only been a day. It’s a weird feeling going far away from home, but being back only a day or two after you left. I guess you’d get used to it, but I’m usually not up to take a day trip to a place 3 or 4 hours away.

You know those trips, the ones where you’re on the road for longer than you’re out of the car.

In my case, it was Abbottsford, for a wedding. Seven hours there, seven hours back. Had a few hours Saturday morning to hang out at the mall, (where I managed to find Etrian Odyssey 3) and then we went straight to the ceremony. Hour break to get food and visit Girlfriend’s mom. Back for the reception. Went home and played Etrian Odyssey until my DS died1, and then to bed. Woke up at god-knows-o’clock to get on the road. I wasn’t fully conscious until we stopped at Tim Horton’s to get food. This is also where we saw a crazy meth guy, freaking out because he had spiders in his coat.

(Then again, he was pretty dirty, so maybe he really did. Awesome.)

We made it back around 2 pm. It feels like I’ve been gone a lot longer, but I really haven’t. It also feels like it’s really late. I’m usually not up before the sun.

 

1. This wasn’t actually a bad thing because the game is actually hard. I was just running around drawing a sweet-ass map when BAM, some freaking Durians come out and start beating on me.

Fruit. Killing my party of a Ninja, a Pirate, an armoured spearman, a Taoist Monk, and a Scientific Magician. I finished the fight pretty quickly, and was like, “Oh, Tycho was wrong, this game isn’t that hard at all.”

Then I realized that it was the first fight.

On the first floor.

Against a fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment